PCM Hammer and Tactrix

They go by many names, P01, P59, VPW, '0411 etc. Also covering E38 and newer here.
Fireblade.954
cars: ke70 corolla v6 ecotec powered. t5 manual

PCM Hammer and Tactrix

Post by Fireblade.954 »

Hi Guys,
Super sorry if this has been asked. I did a quick search and found some old threads.
Will Tactrix openport 2.0 work with pcm hammer?
On the TI Performance web site it says yes. So i figured i would come to the source.

Thanks in advance.
Gampy

Re: PCM Hammer and Tactrix

Post by Gampy »

If it is a proper compliant J2534 it should work just fine, I personally do not know, and I do not know of any one testing with one, but I don't know everything ...
Edit; Reading further on the Tactrix site states Support Pending for J1850 ... That is a problem, wait for someone that has one to speak, if any.

There are many out there that state they are compliant this and compliant that, however in reality their products do not stand up to their own statements!

GoDiag and STiC are two that I have personal experience with that say one thing, reality is another ...

If it's not compatible and it's a worthy VCI, I'll do what it takes to add it.

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I do know. Tactrix advertise as supporting VPW but the interface itself does not support this. Therefore it can not talk to VPW PCMs, so they can not work with PCMHammer or any other tool that talks to VPW PCMs.
It is possible there is a newer revision that has added VPW. But mine does not and others have reported them not working as well. They're primarily used for CAN applications.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

There ya go, a definitive answer! :lol:

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Fireblade.954
cars: ke70 corolla v6 ecotec powered. t5 manual

Post by Fireblade.954 »

Well there you go.
Thanks for the insite guys.
That’s alittle disappointing considering they do state it.
Cheeky.

Once again. Thankyou for the fast reply.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

More info here. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=6730&p=99865&hilit=tactrix#p99865

I did contact their support back in the day and they confirmed no support but it was too long ago to dig up a ticket number now.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396