First fire up using Rt

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
inj gtr202
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

First fire up using Rt

Post by inj gtr202 »

Hi all,
I took a log of the first attempt at a drive using the new tune.
I didn't get far as the tune is clearly very different from my original working tune.

here is a log of what is going on.

any hints or tips as to why it is hunting so much at idle would also help me.
I'll also attach the xdf of the current tune.

thanks in advance.
Adam
Attachments
OSE12P injgtrV001.xdf
current xdf
(337.98 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
short drive001.xdl
didn't get above about 40km\h
(165.32 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Re: First fire up using Rt

Post by inj gtr202 »

ohh yeah.

This is the original tune which was on my old memcal.

I don't know if you need the .bin file or .xdf so I uploaded both :D
Attachments
$A5_v1.1.xdf
(186.21 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
injgtr202.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

can you upload the OSE12P new tune and we might be able to see if you've missed something in the conversion ?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You have two faults in the log...
To fix the code 43 change "ESC params - Coolant temp to enable knock control" to the max which is about 151degC as you dont have a knock sensor. This will help as it is currently removing 6 deg of spark.
To fix the code 35 you need to get the throttle closed a bit more and check that the IAC is working. It has 0 steps at idle but also looks to maybe not be working or is a little lazy. Its hard to tell though so will need the throttle closed a bit first.
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

Holden202 wrote:can you upload the OSE12P new tune and we might be able to see if you've missed something in the conversion ?
no worries, wasn't sure what you guy's actually needed.
Attachments
OSE $12P injgtr V001.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

VL400 wrote:You have two faults in the log...
To fix the code 43 change "ESC params - Coolant temp to enable knock control" to the max which is about 151degC as you dont have a knock sensor. This will help as it is currently removing 6 deg of spark.
To fix the code 35 you need to get the throttle closed a bit more and check that the IAC is working. It has 0 steps at idle but also looks to maybe not be working or is a little lazy. Its hard to tell though so will need the throttle closed a bit first.
Sorted the ESC Param for the coolant temp.

I don't know what the IAC is :roll: other than something to do with idle.....
On the dash doesn't the throttle position sensor show 0? You hardly see any throttle movement because I barely touched it due to a lot of back fire.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

IAC is the idle air controller. Which is a solenoid on your throttle body that can let more or less air around the butterfly with the TB closed to give the ecu some control of the amount of air at idle.

What injectors do you have in the car? How did you come up with an injector rate of 0.12?

Also clear the flags "CEL Enable code 13" "CEL Enable code 24" and "CEL Enable code 43". That'll stop the check engine light coming on for o2 sensor open circuit, knock sensor error and speed sensor error (as you have none of that hardware). It'll still process those errors, which is what you want. The components are missing and the ecu should take that in to account. You just dont need to be alerted to it as its expected.

Other than that and the ESC coolant temp needing to be maxed out, it looks pretty decent. I reckon if you can get a more suitable injector rate in there you should be getting pretty close.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

.12 injector rate is pretty close for stock vn/vk injectors on a 202, having said that the original tune has a value of .09 so that would indicate a non stock injector i would think.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

out of interest what is this thing supposed to idle at ?

few things i've noticed:

* desired idle rpm in the old tune is 700rpm, and i reckon from that i've heard of this thing it would want to idle at more like 900-1000rpm .....

* the open loop AFR table has been richened up heaps in the top end at WOT and high rpms, the $12P one is the standard one, so this will probably explain the lean spots in the logs when you give it some gas, if it was me i'd leave the AFR table as it is and tune the ve table to suit it, thing is you might max the VE table out as alot of the cells at 100kpa are already at 92 (100max value)

* the above might also lead me to think the injector rate wasn't right .... need to confirm injector specs and make sure injector rate is in the ball park of this - if they are larger than stock and having a .12 in there will make it richer than it would normally be with a .09 value.

* need to work out that IAC as it will probably help with the idle issues, i'm going to have a bit closer look at your bins when i get some more time, might be some spark table things (need to confirm).
inj gtr202
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

Thanks for all the fast reply's

The reason for the .12 injector rate is because I was creaping up from the .09 value (original) to try and pump some more fuel in as the idle was very lean and any blip on the throttle would lean it out a heap more. The injectors are out of an early xr6 falcon.

I would say with my Cam spec's any idle below the 1,200 RPM mark might be a bit unrealistic. I'm aiming to idle it there and see what happens.

I have no IAC as my throttle body is a home made job so that I could clear my bonnet with the new inlet manifold.

I'll clear the flags and fire it up again later today.

I'll be in touch :thumbup: